Verve 2 Disc Lowstep is a hybrid bike designed for comfort and fun on commutes, cruises, and fitness rides. It has a lot of thoughtful features that make for a confident and comfortable ride, like a lowstep geometry that makes it easy to mount and dismount, a suspension seatpost, and disc brakes that perform in any weather.
It's right for you if...
You're ready to get outside more, and want a hybrid bike with comfort-minded details, a wide range of gears for hills, powerful brakes, and enough versatility to conquer commutes, workouts, and more.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminum frame with mounts for a rack and fenders, a lowstep design that makes it especially easy to mount and dismount, a reliable drivetrain with 24-speeds so you'll never have to pedal too hard or too soft, powerful disc brakes, an adjustable stem, a padded saddle, wide tires for extra stability, a road-smoothing suspension seatpost, and a geometry that keeps you in a comfortable, upright riding posture.
The final word
Verve 2 Disc Lowstep is a comfortable hybrid with impressive braking power and durable parts that will hold up mile after mile. It's a great bike for a range of recreational riders, from first-timers and commuters to veteran riders looking to get back into the saddle.
Why you'll love it
- It has a host of design details that make a huge difference in comfort, like a suspension seatpost and adjustable stem
- The lowstep frame design makes it easy to get on and off—no need to swing your leg over!
- This bike brings people together—attach a trailer and tow your kids, meet up with friends to cruise the bike path, or commute to the office with coworkers
- Disc brakes perform well in any weather, let you slow down or stop faster, and require less effort to activate than rim brakes
- Like every Trek hybrid, it's backed by Trek's Lifetime warranty, which means you get a companion for life
|Frame||Alpha Gold Aluminum, lowstep, rack & fender mounts, DuoTrap S compatible, IS disc brake mount, 135x5mm QR|
|Fork||Verve Alloy, threaded steel steerer, rack mounts, post mount disc, 460mm axle-to-crown, ThruSkew 5mm QR|
|Rims||Bontrager Connection, alloy, double-wall, 32-hole, Schrader valve|
|Spokes||14g stainless steel|
|Tires||Bontrager H5 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 700x45c|
|Bottom Bracket||Sealed bearing, 68mm threaded|
|Crankset||Forged alloy, 48/38/28T, chainguard, 170mm length|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus M315|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Tourney TY710, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Altus M310|
|Cassette/Freewheel||Shimano HG31, 11-32T, 8 speed|
|Brakes||Tektro HD-M275 hydraulic disc|
Size: XS, S, M Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, comfort sweep, 620mm width
Size: L, XL Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, comfort sweep, 660mm width
Size: XS, S Bontrager alloy quill, 31.8mm clamp, adjustable rise, Blendr compatible, 85mm length
Size: M, L, XL Bontrager alloy quill, 31.8mm clamp, adjustable rise, Blendr compatible, 105mm length
|Headset||1-1/8" threaded, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings|
|Seatpost||Alloy, adjustable suspension, 27.2mm, 300mm length|
|Pedals||Bontrager City pedals|
* Subject to change without notice.